zondag 8 januari 2017

Mixed media canvas 'Write your own story'

 
The beginning of this new year is very special for me.
 
I made this canvas, and it is something to remind myself during this year...
I had to think about if I wanted to share my very personal story behind this piece with you, but I decided to do it, because it may help others with this dilemma too...
 
This year I challenge myself to write my own story. I accepted more DT spots than I normally would do. I held back for so long, because I am afraid I can't live up to other people's expectations and have creative blocking issues when I have deadlines.
 
I decided to stop thinking this over in my head, and just go for it. I have six month's to find out if I can do this, or not. If I can't, than it will be fine, I did my best and I will have peace with it. I will have overcome my fear, and which outcome it might be, I will gain a valueable lesson from it.
 
So this is my goal for 2017. I decided to do these DT's for myself. Not for others. For me. And I promised myself not to be bothered if I fail, because it will not be a failure, it will be a lesson and an expierence.
 
I made this canvas for my first 2017 blogpost at 7 Dots Studio, and for the December challenge at Words & Paintery, because that quote really fits my goal to accomplish this year, so well.
 
 
The gorgeous papers from Writer's Block (Torn) has all these little retangles, and I suddenly got the idea to use it in the background of the canvas. I glued  4 retangles down with 3d gel, and added a layer of clear gesso. After drying, I added a layer of clear crackle and added some white crackle in the middle of the canvas too.
 
 
I used the letters stencil and white gesso to create some more texture.
I started spraying some Lindy's inks (Moon Shadow Long John's Silver and Starburst Frozen Jack Frost) on the crackled surface, and added some more, using tissue paper to soak up excess inks, and using a heattool to dry faster.
 
 
My chipboard piece and druzy stones are also sprayed with the inks and dabbered with white gesso here and there. I used some crackle on the chipboard, on the badge and on the word sticker too.
I wrapped some wire around the canvas before I glued everything else down.


 
Thank you for watching!
 
Love, Sanderijn
 

32 opmerkingen:

  1. You already know how much I adore this, and how amazing I think you are for going up against what has scared you. This is a beautiful start to 2017, calm, peaceful and exceptional!! Wish you such a fabulous 2017 my lovely xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much, for your everlasting support and friendship! xxx

      Verwijderen
  2. Love your piece and have to say you´re dealing with the same struggle as me :). You´re right every experience (good or bad)is a lesson learnt. Let´s see what we´re going to learn this year. Wishing you all the best, loads of inspiration and no blocks, my friend.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a fantastic projects. You are always so inspiring.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. this is stunning and I understand you completely!! this is something that all artists struggle with but don't usually share with others. Nobody likes failure or to feel rejected. We as humans always feel the grass is greener on the other side or we think someone is always better than us. For me this year is about "Acceptance". Accepting that I'm good enough and accepting that what is in store for me is what I need in my life even if sometimes I want more.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dear keren, I wish you acceptance and peace with your innerself this year, may we both learn to deal with the things we struggle about...

      Verwijderen
  5. This is beautiful! I love the peacefulness it evokes and the story behind it. Amazing to me that you feel frightened of "failing". That does not seem like you are capable of failing from a creative perspective; everything you touch is magical! But I do understand the deadline thing. Each time I know I have a deadline or have to use a certain product, I freeze. I find the best thing to do is just go do it and let the art flow. Your canvas is fabulous and I know you will come out at the end of 6 months and wonder why you had the fear in the first place! Crafty hugs!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ahhh Sara that is so sweet of you, I am honoured, but you give me way to much credit, I throw a lot of things away before anyone ever sees it... ;) xxx

      Verwijderen
  6. LOVE LOVE this project. Amazing crackle and the whole composition is beautiful and very original...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Your words are both touching and encouraging.
    I follow you and love all your projects including this beautiful canvas.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll have a graet success 😘

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Such a beautiful canvas. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Words and Paintery this month

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I love your canvas! It is so soft and peaceful. Really beautiful!
    And about your fears - you shouldn't be. You are very talented and I'm sure that you will rock! :)

    And thank you for joining your challenge this month at Words&Paintery.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. AMAZING! I absolutely love it! Thank you for joining us at Words&Paintery!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Fantastic!!! Perfect canvas, LOVE!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Words&Paintery!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Amazing miss!! Really love it!

    Thanks for playing with us at words&paintery xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Wow! This is amazing!! Thank you for playing with us at Words&Paintery.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. THIS IS SO GORGEOUS! It's like a minimalist mixed media but oh so great! Thanks for joining us at Words and Paintery!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. LOVe it!!!!! Thank you for joining us at Words and Paintery challenge this month.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Amazingly beautiful canvas, Sanderijn! Love every little detail on it. Thank you so much for joining us at Words and Paintery!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen